Have you checked out pinterest?
We have created a page on Pinterest to get those creative juices flowing!
If you haven't heard of what Pinterest is, it is a visual discovery/image bookmarking tool that you can use to find your interests and projects. It is free to set up and is another great way to inform your customer base of the products that you keep in stock. 100 million users world wide are now on the Pinterest platform and it is fast growing as the site to check before consumers make a purchase with a predominately female following.
Click on the Pinterest link to find out more!
ways to get involved with the jacaranda festival in 2017
Stuck for ways to become involved in Jacaranda and come up with money making ideas? Read on for some inspiration:
For the Food & Drink Industry: **make sure the purple goods are available for the entire week of Jacaranda!
· Bake and sell purple bread
· Bake and sell purple cup cakes
· Bake and sell purple cakes (a purple ombre` cake would look spectacular!)
· Bake and sell purple macarons
· Bake and sell purple lamingtons
· Purple ice cream, ice blocks and frozen slushies
· A purple themed Devonshire tea served in purple tea cups
· Create a purple cocktail
· Create a purple smoothie
· Purple pancakes served for breakfast
· Purple jelly cups for the kids
· Display the fresh purple fruit and veg at the front of the store
Offer a ‘Purple Service’ for Hair / Beauty Salons:
· Paint toenails / fingernails in Jacaranda Purple
· A purple hair colour service whether it be temporary or permanent
· Purple hairspray for the littlies to wash out
Order in Purple Stock Lines:
· Purple lights to decorate homes, inside offices, shop fronts
· Purple flags
· Purples clothes
· Purple Christmas decorations
· Purple flower varieties
· Purple items to pimp technology - phone cases, laptop cases etc.
· Purple toys
General Retail Store Ideas:
· Decorate your store only using purple colour – purple crepe paper, purple balloons, purple streamers etc.
· Dress up your window display only using purple items from your store
· Recreate all your instore signage, posters and point of sale on purple paper / purple cardboard
· On Jacaranda Thursday – get your team to dress in the colour purple or why not extend the fun for the entire week
For the week of Jacaranda – create a pop up store away from your normal store location and:
· Host free seminars
· Put on cooking demonstrations
· A fresh market day
· Information night
· Hold a sale to clear old lines
· Try before you buy stand
· Local wine and cheese demonstrations
· Service giveaways – free hand/neck massage, free quick blow dry and style
· Run a free fashion parade
· Host a tradie/how- to demonstration. How to keep bees, start a veggie garden and so on
· Hand out discount flyers at these events and invite customers to come and shop with you
Gold Cup - Honour Roll 1962 to 2015
Take a glance back through the history books and check out the Jacaranda Thursday Gold Cup Honour Roll - has your business danced their way to victory?